CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Technology comes to life.

*Thanks to Kelly O and sittingstill.net for the picture*

Back in the day when I didn't have 3 kids, DID have some free time and pre TPABTT (Trot peeing anywhere but the toilet) I used to play a lot of MLB on the Playstation 2. Naturally, I was always the Red Sox, and naturally, we beat EVERYONE.

Badly.

In fact, one season the top 6 Home Run hitters in the American League were Papi, Manny, Nomar, Trot Nixon, Tek, and Bill Mueller. I think Pokey Reese even had a dozen. It was, without a doubt, the most lop sided team in the history of video gaming this side of Bo Jackson in Techno Bowl or whatever it was.

Today in Toronto?

My PS2 team came to life in living, breathing color. 16 runs, 2,398 hits, John Lackey went 6 innings and only gave up 4 runs, and the 39 year old Captain hit a 3 run dong to put the icing on the cake. One minute I'm at the pool yelling at Trot for the 15th time in 15 minutes about why diving into the 3 foot end is a bad idea and the next minute Jr is texting me that it's 9-2.

Leaving Ang to deal with the whole "Get out of the pool, it's time to go" thing I meandered home to catch the last 4 plus innings and when Rakes got home he couldn't believe a baseball team could score 2 touchdowns and 2 two point conversions.

8 in a row and Crabby on the hill tomorrow.

It's just like I drew it up on the PS2.

No comments: