CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Beckett Sweeps The Leg!

Just found this picture taken by my friend Kelly (www.sittingstill.net) and it reminded me of carrying Trot upstairs after he's fallen asleep on the couch.

It also captures perfectly how I felt after watching Beckett go 8 innings, strike out 11, give up 1 run and in general look like he's at his snorting, cursing, anti-establishment best, even going so far as to totally brush off the NESN reporter after the game.

Who knows? Maybe making the 2011 All-Star team makes him even MORE surly?

What I do know is this; he's 7-3 with SEVEN no decisions to his credit already this season which should make every hitter on the team a tad nervous. Would YOU want to be one of the reasons he doesn't win 20 games this year? I also know that with one more win he's halfway to 16 wins and if he's 8-3 by the All-Star break?

A certain foul mouthed, borderline midget with a receding hair line and a heart of gold is gonna owe me $100.

Hopefully by the time I head to Boston in September.

2011: Year of The Beckett.

2 comments:

Rich in the Garage said...

Not going to happen.

Ted D said...

Keep telling yourself that, little buddy.