CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Growth


I now know how Indiana Jones felt when he found the Ark of the Covenant. Pure bliss.

Some dear friends of ours called Ang yesterday and wanted to go out to eat tonight, so I spent 15 minutes breathing into a paper bag and decided that Ciera would be fine staying home with the boys for a couple of hours.

Mind you, I had a few moments at dinner where I asked myself "what in God's name have you done?" and a few times where I debated calling 911 as a precautionary measure but resisted the urge and forged on.

At 8:45 I hesitantly turned onto my street half expecting to see 3 fire engines and an ambulance sitting in front of my house, yet all was peaceful and calm.

Turns out, other than Trot biting Rakes, writing all over his arms with red permanent marker and some cookie crumbs on the floor nobody was bleeding, crying, tied up or hobbled and Ang and I can breathe a small sigh of relief knowing that we can, after about 13 years, actually have some sort of social life that doesn't revolve around Chuck E Cheese.

Yes Virginia, there really IS a Santa Claus.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Was it during this "peaceful and calm" time that Rakes and Trot made the video Ciera posted on FB?

It had the entire Brown household, including Josh Dean, rolling with laughter. :)

Ted D said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I'm gonna find out.