CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

You Only Go Around Once


There's a reason why I go "eat" lunch with my three kids, surrounded by either screaming elementary schoolers or hormone raging middle schoolers with acne and bad attitudes. Why I take them fishing on my day off, even though I know I'm gonna untangle fishing line for 3/4 of the time and spend the other 1/4 trying and usually failing to keep my temper under control.

It's the same reason I buy them electric scooters, even though I know I'm tempting fate with a probable trip to the ER. It's why I play Wii with them when I'd rather watch tv, why I read the same book over and over and over again to the point I wonder if it's making me insane, and it's why I try to make every soccer game, field trip, class party and parent/teacher conference.

It's why I don't lose my ever loving mind every time Trot pees on the floor or send Rakes to military school for teaching Trot every bad word he picks up on the bus or put Ciera in school to be a nun (Happy, Rich?) for having the unmitigated gall to actually mention a boys name in my presence.

It's because in 25 years I don't want to look back and this song be the soundtrack of my life.

No comments: