CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pele Part Duh


Rakes started his last year of U6 soccer before moving up to U8 in the fall last week and as his Dad I'm thrilled he loves doing something that doesn't involve a video game or driving me to an early grave.

The fact that he's pretty good at it only makes it better; he's fast, can run for days, has good ball control and has a competitive streak a mile long. Tonight during practice they were having passing drills and Rakes was paired off with two girls on his team; at one point he was actively trying to win a passing contest somehow. He told me later that he didn't want them "kicking it better" than him.

Plus I'm pretty sure he will never be able to work some random Star Wars question into the subject of soccer, which makes it pretty much the one thing I can do with him that I won't have to mutter the phrase "I don't know, son".

So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.

No comments: