CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Too Many Birthdays

After feeling absolutely crappy with some kind of cold all weekend I was starting to come around a little last night and was looking forward to going to work today. This changed when my feet hit the floor and an excruciating stab of pain hit my lower back and I think I screamed like a little girl at the time; the fact I think I blacked out keeps me from  knowing for sure.

I spent the rest of the day walking around hunched over like Quasimodo and yelping every third step or so and wondering if I should just step in front of a car and get it over with. It took me roughly 10 minutes to climb into the bed tonight so I could read books to the boys and Rakes had to help me get up. It's so bad at point I'm wondering if someone has a voodoo doll of a short pre-mature grey middle aged man and is just having a blast.

The only thing that has helped since I got home is the following conversation I had with Trot.

Trot: "Dad, is there a sight word called but?"

Me: "Yep. Why?"

Trot: "We learned it today. My teacher said if anybody giggles when they say it they have to move their card to yellow."

Opening Day is April 5th.

I hope I make it.

5 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hope you feel better soon Ted. I know that's painful.

Ted D said...

I just wish I knew it wasn't a tumor or something. I think of myself as having a pretty high threshold for pain but this is freaking wacked.

Stacy said...

Here's a thought...go to the doctor. :)

Rich in the Garage said...

::stabs pin into voodoo doll::

AND THERE GOES YOUR KNEE!

Ted D said...

I KNEW you were responsible for this.