CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sir Charles had it all wrong


*Picture courtesy of Kelly and www.sittingstill.net*


"Dad, am I going to be a midget"?

This is what Rakes asked me tonight while I was making dinner and I have no idea where it came from. We've had talks from time to time where he asks how tall he'll be and while I have no idea I do tell him that based on the lack of height from both his parents I wouldn't hold out hope for being a basketball player when he grows up.

Then, not 15 minutes later, the game comes on and there is Pedroia and his eyes light up. Remembering the time I talked about how all his life every one has told Pedie he was too small to make it at whatever level he was at Rakes then says "Dad, if Pedroia can do that then so can I, right?"

Who says athletes aren't role models?


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sort of makes me want to cry and smile all at the same time.

Pedie. Gotta love him. :)

Ted D said...

Yep. On both counts.