CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Surprises are sometimes a good thing.


I had a parent/teacher conference with Trot's speech teacher today and for once? Got some good news. He's met all his goals she set but since we still have some concerns they are going to keep him in the program for a little while longer.

He's got some issues with reading and I sort of feel like the speech issue may be affecting the reading, even if the therapist doesn't agree. His regular teacher was also sitting in and during the course of the discussion I also mentioned that in addition to the speech and reading issues I was worried that the alopecia thing was maybe affecting him as well.

Don't get me wrong; he hardly EVER mentions it but I've gotta wonder how it is affecting him. In the course of all this, his teacher told me something that made me realize the future of our country may not be as bad as I imagine it to be.

When I mentioned the fact that he was bald and his Mom and I were worried about how he was handling it, she looked at me and said the following:

"Just in case you were wondering, he's got 20 friends who are militant about Trot AND his bald head. If anyone say's anything about it they let them know in a HURRY that it's not cool".

Being a parent is never easy and at times heart breaking.

Today reminded me that it's also the best job on earth.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I KNEW she was the teacher for Trot. She has also told me that the class is very protective of him.

Happy for some good news. :)